Team collaboration occurs when individuals with varying strengths combine their resources and maximize those strengths to achieve their intended goals. Some benefits of highly collaborative teams are:
- Performance Commitment – One study shows that employees are 64% more committed to fulfilling their responsibilities when working on team projects versus their responsibilities.
- Skill Development – Each team member brings muscle to the table. Collaborating with colleagues with differing strengths allows everyone to further develop their skillset.
- Oneteam – Team communication breakdowns are less likely to show up in highly collaborative work teams. Sharing information is imperative when working in teams and this file-sharing can actually build relationships and bring your employees closer together.
- Boosts Problem-Solving – Having a reliable team around them helps employees develop decision-making and problem-solving skills by expanding their available resources and making teamwork a priority.
- Long-Term Perks – Working in strong, collaborative teams amplifies creativity, encourages employee engagement and performance, and ultimately, improves your retention numbers.
By : Kazuti